Definición de bacteriolysis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The rupture of bacterial cells, especially by an antibody.
- This process, which he called hemolysis, was analogous to bacteriolysis and also required complement.
- Once the complement is bound, it attacks the antigen: the bacterium is destroyed by bacteriolysis.
- Further, when centrifugal separation or filtration is carried out in order to separate the bacterial cells, a long time is required because the bacterial cells have caused bacteriolysis.
- Example sentences
- The belief that this phenomenon and bacteriophagy might have a general significance led him to undertake from 1924 a systematic search for microbes displaying bacteriolytic activity in nature.
- The horse has a more human-like stomach and gains nourishment by absorbing similar by-products of the bacteriolytic digestion of cellulose, as do most herbivores possessing such cellulase-producing bacteria in their gut.
- Lysozyme is a widely distributed bacteriolytic enzyme that hydrolyzes the [beta] - 1,4 glycosidic bond between N-acetyl muramic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine in the cell wall of bacteria.
Definición de bacteriolysis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary