Definición de bacteriolysis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The rupture of bacterial cells, especially by an antibody.
- This process, which he called hemolysis, was analogous to bacteriolysis and also required complement.
- Once the complement is bound, it attacks the antigen: the bacterium is destroyed by bacteriolysis.
- Further, when centrifugal separation or filtration is carried out in order to separate the bacterial cells, a long time is required because the bacterial cells have caused bacteriolysis.
- Example sentences
- The belief that this phenomenon and bacteriophagy might have a general significance led him to undertake from 1924 a systematic search for microbes displaying bacteriolytic activity in nature.
- The horse has a more human-like stomach and gains nourishment by absorbing similar by-products of the bacteriolytic digestion of cellulose, as do most herbivores possessing such cellulase-producing bacteria in their gut.
- Lysozyme is a widely distributed bacteriolytic enzyme that hydrolyzes the [beta] - 1,4 glycosidic bond between N-acetyl muramic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine in the cell wall of bacteria.
Definición de bacteriolysis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan