1Intent to deceive: the Republicans accused the Democrats of negotiating in bad faith
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Where information is deliberately withheld from a patient in bad faith in order to deceive them into agreeing to unnecessary treatment, then the apparent consent will be invalid.
- The most severe criticisms journalists can make of a government minister is that they act in bad faith, are disloyal and are untrustworthy.
- Donor institutions need to be made accountable for loans made in bad faith, where official corruption was ignored or factored into the terms of the agreement.
2(In existentialist philosophy) refusal to confront facts or choices.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The many vivid phenomenological descriptions of bad faith contained in Sartre's work can be divided into two different forms of existential flight.
- This strain of thought makes me think of the Sartrean notion of bad faith - that we engage in self-deception yet we are unable to fully hide the deceptive act itself.
- To choose to remain a child is an act of bad faith.
Definición de bad faith en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda