- Many critics doubted the wisdom in signing the Celtic player at all, but they were totally baffled at the decision to hose him with money.
- But none of the puzzles are so stupidly designed as to totally baffle players.
- They will be totally baffled and will need a lawyer to know what it means.
- Access is via exterior galleries along the street frontages, with bathrooms and kitchens placed here to baffle the street noise.
- The sensor baffling gear was still operating, but the visual disguise was gone.
- Coaches thought about using two punt returners in Cincinnati to baffle the elements and provide a safety net for struggling Mac Cody.
- In a second arrangement, the first gas supply opens into the central region above an upper baffle plate and the second gas supply opens into the periphery of a plenum between the upper baffle plate and a lower baffle plate.
- Based on this data, we added baffles to optimize the light aperture within the spectrometer, thereby eliminating unnecessary rays while maximizing optical throughput.
- Appropriately placed baffles ensure that the light is integrated by many bounces before it reaches the detector.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This spread bafflement and gloom among atomic theorists, as described by Wolfgang Pauli.
- The general reaction amongst my co-workers was sadly predictable, and could be best summed up as amused, incredulous bafflement.
- His expressions change from confusion, to bafflement, to wonder.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'cheat, deceive'): perhaps related to French bafouer 'ridicule' or obsolete French beffer 'mock, deceive'.
Palabras que riman con baffleraffle, snaffle
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: baf¦fle
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.