sustantivo (plural Baha'is)[mass noun]
1A monotheistic religion founded in the 19th century as a development of Babism, emphasizing the essential oneness of humankind and of all religions and seeking world peace. The Baha’i faith was founded by the Persian Baha’ullah (1817–92) and his son Abdul Baha (1844–1921).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This book is one of the few published sociological works on the Baha'i Faith, joining Will van den Hoonaard's The Origins of the Baha'i Community in Canada and Peter Smith's the Babi and Baha'i religions.
- The Baha'i religion developed out of the mystical Islamic movement around AD 1850.
- My family happens to be Bahai, a religion that emerged after the establishment of Islam.
1.1 [count noun] An adherent of the Baha’i faith.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to my informal survey, evangelical Christians provide the most postings, but I also spotted messages from Buddhists, Wiccans, Muslims, Jews, Baha'is and many others.
- The total for Jains, Zoroastrians and Baha'is is less than 24,000.
- I would also ask him to continue to be in dialogue with all of the mainstream denominations and ecumenically and inter-faith beyond Christianity, with Muslims, with Baha'is, with Jews, with all of us in the faith community.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The volume includes brief histories and contacts relating to Baha'ism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Native American traditional spirituality and Sikhism.
- If you take Buddha out of Buddhism, Mohammed out of Islam…, Krishna out of Hinduism…, Baha'u'lla out of Bahaism… you still have their teachings, they are all doing quite well without their teacher being alive today.
- She said: ‘Baha'ism has been such a great influence on my life.
Palabras que riman con Baha'ially, Altai, apply, assai, awry, ay, aye, belie, bi, Bligh, buy, by, bye, bye-bye, chi, Chiangmai, Ciskei, comply, cry, Cy, Dai, defy, deny, Di, die, do-or-die, dry, Dubai, dye, espy, eye, fie, fly, forbye, fry, Frye, goodbye (US goodby), guy, hereby, hi, hie, high, I, imply, I-spy, July, kai, lie, lye, Mackay, misapply, my, nearby, nigh, Nye, outfly, passer-by, phi, pi, pie, ply, pry, psi, Qinghai, rai, rely, rocaille, rye, scry, serai, shanghai, shy, sigh, sky, Skye, sky-high, sly, spin-dry, spry, spy, sty, Sukhotai, supply, Tai, Thai, thereby, thigh, thy, tie, Transkei, try, tumble-dry, underlie, Versailles, Vi, vie, whereby, why, wry, Wye, xi, Xingtai, Yantai
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Baha'i
Definición de Baha'i en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda