- A Russian musical instrument like a guitar with a triangular body and typically three strings.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All the chorus writing, including some clarinet-led boat music in which strings imitate a balalaika, a wedding song that yields to anguish, some vigorous, aggressive Polish bravado, and the noble imperial finale, is dramatic and vivid.
- You can hear every pure delightful twang and warble of every guitar, gadulka, balalaika and harp and in a couple of tracks a clarinet cuts the melody with a compelling slice of romance.
- Now he straightened his embroidered jerkin and fluffed his lace cuffs with a fastidious air, and the strings of the balalaika on his back sang gently as he shrugged.
late 18th century: from Russian, of Tartar origin.
Más definiciones de balalaikaDefinición de balalaika en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.