Divide (a region or body) into smaller mutually hostile states or groups: ambitious neighbours would snatch pieces of territory, Balkanizing the country (as adjective Balkanized) the balkanized world of the Senate Banking Committee
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Meanwhile this often Balkanised city has been united by the Lakers' triumph.
- But they also Balkanised the research, dividing it up into many different journals, most of which charge for access.
- Preferential agreements are creating ‘a series of islands or island economic units’ and there is a risk of ‘further Balkanising the global economy.’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The division of peoples along national, ethnic and religious lines can lead only to a Balkanisation of the continent, with the most terrible consequences.
- What do we want, a Balkanisation of the country?
- The drive to create a clearer national identity is also backed by religious leaders who are likewise concerned about the Balkanisation of the country.
1920s: from Balkan Peninsula (where this was done in the late 19th and early 20th century) + -ize.
Definición de Balkanize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda