1A game played with a ball.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to David Block's new book Baseball Before We Knew It, the game may be traced to a continental ball game called la soule.
- They also have big youth memberships and an estimated 1500 youngsters are now playing the oval ball game in the county.
- This may be the first huge step in rectifying the small ball game in a county where stones at the side of roads are reserved for footballers.
1.1North American A baseball match: I took the afternoon off and went to a ball game
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I had not played in a major league ball game since July 1952.
- Otherwise you can pitch me every day if you feel I can help you win a ball game.
- ‘I entered the ball game late for defense at first base, replacing Nate Colbert in the eighth inning’ Fairly, 65, said.
a different (or whole new) ball game
- informal A situation that is completely different from a previous one: making the film was a whole new ball game for herMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However the young filmmaker's second film ‘Little Terrorist’ was a different ball game altogether.
- Now there is a whole new ball game and it is very tactful stuff.
- I have no children of my own so this is a whole new ball game for me.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ball game
Definición de ball game en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda