- The vehicle system is a turreted, armored, all-wheel drive vehicle that provides increased ballistic and land mine protection.
- Mounted onto a stock with the addition of a winch, ratchet apparatus, and trigger mechanism, much further distances and much greater ballistic forces were achieved.
- This complete loss of memory after 0.1 ps reduces the amount of ballistic motion of atoms inside a void.
- At that point the fuel to the rocket was cut off and the missile coasted along its ballistic trajectory to the target.
- Most of a spacecraft's flight is ballistic, that is, it is not powered but is pulled by gravity, with engines needed for course corrections.
- Mortars are ballistic weapons that have projectile trajectories undistorted by rocket engine or guidance system.
- informal Fly into a rage: he will go ballistic if bureaucrats attempt to meddle in his decisionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I went ballistic and fired off a letter demanding a retraction of the fees.
- A platoon of sci-fi marines are dropped into hostile territory, seething with aliens, and they go ballistic.
- He brought everything but the Colman's mustard, and I went ballistic.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The scene in the room was not properly preserved, the weapon involved was not ballistically tested and the bullet casing went missing.
- The bomb falls ballistically and we drop it so that even if there's no laser spot it's going to drop pretty close to the target.
- He will tell us, according to sources, that these three shootings are linked ballistically.
Two ancient engines of war, a catapult for hurling large stones and a large crossbow firing a spear, were each known as a ballista. The Latin source, ballista, from Greek ballein ‘to throw’, gave us ballistic. As a technical term this dates from the 18th century, but it only became widely known in the mid 20th century with the development of the ballistic missile, a missile which is initially powered and guided but falls under gravity on to its target. In the 1980s to go ballistic began to be used meaning ‘to fly into a rage’.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: bal|lis¦tic
Definición de ballistic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.