Definición de ballyhoo en inglés:
Extravagant publicity or fuss: after all the ballyhoo, the film was a flop
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ballyhoo with which the film has been received has to be attributed, at least in part, to the impoverishment of field from which it springs.
- There has been a lot of ballyhoo about all these developments, but it is worth noting that these deals will be worthless unless new legislation is passed to modernise the law on casinos.
- With loud hurrahs from appropriate quarters and much general ballyhoo, my friend went along to that victory parade in London.
commotion, fuss, ado, flurry, excitement, ferment, tumult, hurly-burly, hue and cry, bustle, hustle and bustle
New Zealand informal bobsy-die
verbo (ballyhoos, ballyhooing, ballyhooed)[with object] chiefly North American Volver al principio
Praise or publicize extravagantly: each company ballyhoos its product as though it were the most outstanding in all creation (as adjective ballyhooed) a much-ballyhooed musical extravaganza
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I knew some major changes would be wrought in the film the first time I saw the trailer ballyhooing the arrival on local screens.
- Appealingly cast, the show was much ballyhooed in its day by members of the size acceptance community.
- At issue was a widely ballyhooed test of the razzle-dazzle, video-arcade, anti-missile-defense scheme known as Star Wars.
Late 19th century: American coinage of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con ballyhooaccrue, adieu, ado, anew, Anjou, aperçu, askew, bamboo, bedew, bestrew, billet-doux, blew, blue, boo, boohoo, brew, buckaroo, canoe, chew, clew, clou, clue, cock-a-doodle-doo, cockatoo, construe, coo, Corfu, coup, crew, Crewe, cru, cue, déjà vu, derring-do, dew, didgeridoo, do, drew, due, endue, ensue, eschew, feu, few, flew, flu, flue, foreknew, glue, gnu, goo, grew, halloo, hereto, hew, Hindu, hitherto, how-do-you-do, hue, Hugh, hullabaloo, imbrue, imbue, jackaroo, Jew, kangaroo, Karroo, Kathmandu, kazoo, Kiangsu, knew, Kru, K2, kung fu, Lahu, Lanzhou, Lao-tzu, lasso, lieu, loo, Lou, Manchu, mangetout, mew, misconstrue, miscue, moo, moue, mu, nardoo, new, non-U, nu, ooh, outdo, outflew, outgrew, peekaboo, Peru, pew, plew, Poitou, pooh, pooh-pooh, potoroo, pursue, queue, revue, roo, roux, rue, Selous, set-to, shampoo, shih-tzu, shoe, shoo, shrew, Sioux, skean dhu, skew, skidoo, slew, smew, snafu, sou, spew, sprue, stew, strew, subdue, sue, switcheroo, taboo, tattoo, thereto, thew, threw, thro, through, thru, tickety-boo, Timbuktu, tiramisu, to, to-do, too, toodle-oo, true, true-blue, tu-whit tu-whoo, two, vendue, view, vindaloo, virtu, wahoo, wallaroo, Waterloo, well-to-do, whereto, whew, who, withdrew, woo, Wu, yew, you, zoo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda