Definición de balmoral en inglés:
1A round brimless hat with a cockade or ribbons attached, worn by certain Scottish regiments.
- When a fedora, a bowler, a balmoral, a tam-o'-shanter, a Bombay Bowler, a pork-pie or a floppy-brimmed wideawake?
- Some purists insist that balmorals are not ‘berets’ but ‘civilians’ call a Scottish blue bonnet a beret.
- He is a specialist in the production of highland hats such as glengarries for pipers/drummers and balmorals for daywear use.
2A heavy laced leather walking boot.
- Bluchers are more appropriate than balmorals with jeans and business-casual, but balmorals are more appropriate with suits.
- I believe balmorals should have a gap of ¼ " and bluchers about ¾ "; otherwise it looks so school-boyish.
- Since balmorals are more formal than bluchers and broguing makes shoes less formal, where does this leave those shoes that are both brogued and balmorals?
Definición de balmoral en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan