- 1A native or inhabitant of Baltistan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Dard and Baltis inhabit Gurez, Tilel and Draas.
- The Gilgatis and Baltis do not count themselves as Kashmiris, and they will prefer that their area should become a province of Pakistan at the earliest.
- Many Baltis converted to Islam and adopted his school of thought.
- 2 [mass noun] The Tibetan language of the Baltis, with around 400,000 speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nine languages are Dogri, Kashmiri, Ladaakhi, Pothwari, Balti, Gojri, Dardi, Punjabi and Urdu.
- I speak Balti and have gotten to know the Balti women, especially the elders.
- Around a quarter of million people living in these valleys speak Balti, an archaic Tibetan accent.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Baltis or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His thick Israeli accent sounded loud in the Swiss Cottage air - pungent and appealing and strange, like Balti spices in the Pennines.
- For a month, I had heard nothing but Urdu (the local language), Balti music, and eaten Pakistani food.
- K2's difficulties begin with its remoteness, reflected by the fact that the Balti hill people don't even have a name for the mountain.
the name in Ladakhi dialect.
sustantivo (plural baltis)
- (In Pakistani cooking) a spicy dish cooked in a small two-handled pan known as a karahi: [as modifier]: balti restaurantsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It certainly wasn't anything to do with the succulent chicken, the clean-tasting balti sauce or the cooked to perfection tomatoes and peppers.
- Heat a little oil in a wok or balti pan over a high heat.
- Places he's likely to be spotted include various pubs in the Broad Street and Brindley Place area and perhaps later in the evening he may be found eating in a city centre pizza restaurant or balti house.
1980s: of uncertain origin: perhaps from Balti.