- A small songbird with a curved bill, typically with a white stripe over the eye, a sooty grey back, and yellow underparts. It is common in the Caribbean and Central and South America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Coereba flaveola, the only member of the family Coerebidae; sometimes placed in the family Parulidae
- Roasted-on-site coffees in hand, guests gather at 6 a.m. on the veranda to watch the sun rise over the Arima Valley and ogle the yellow bananaquits and ruby-topaz hummingbirds.
- Endemic subspecies include Caribbean elaenia, bananaquit, loggerhead kingbird, thick-billed vireo, and vitelline warbler (confined to the Cayman and Swan Islands).
- Around me was the tiny hoot of ground doves and the twittering of bananaquits.
Más definiciones de bananaquitDefinición de bananaquit en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.