Definición de bandicoot en inglés:
1A mainly insectivorous marsupial native to Australia and New Guinea.
- Family Peramelidae: several genera and species.
- On Terra these include kangaroos, wallabies, bandicoots, opossums, and wombats.
- As Gondwana broke up, the link was broken, and the Australasian marsupials evolved in isolation, giving rise to the modern groups of koalas, bandicoots, wombats, and kangaroos.
- This marsupial family includes 4 genera and 10 species of bandicoots and bilbies.
1.1Indian A bandicoot rat.
- This order of marsupials includes 2 families, the Peramelidae (bandicoots and bilbies) and Peroryctidae (spiny bandicoots, mouse bandicoot).
- There were mongoose, snakes and bandicoots (large rats).
- Unfortunately, the only drawing he could obtain was of a specimen that had lost its tail, and his Aboriginal helpers brought him any number of common bandicoots with their tails removed.
late 18th century: from Telugu pandikokku, literally 'pig-rat'.
Definición de bandicoot en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan