- 1A mainly insectivorous marsupial native to Australia and New Guinea.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Peramelidae: several genera and species.
- On Terra these include kangaroos, wallabies, bandicoots, opossums, and wombats.
- As Gondwana broke up, the link was broken, and the Australasian marsupials evolved in isolation, giving rise to the modern groups of koalas, bandicoots, wombats, and kangaroos.
- This marsupial family includes 4 genera and 10 species of bandicoots and bilbies.
- 1.1Indian A bandicoot rat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This order of marsupials includes 2 families, the Peramelidae (bandicoots and bilbies) and Peroryctidae (spiny bandicoots, mouse bandicoot).
- There were mongoose, snakes and bandicoots (large rats).
- Unfortunately, the only drawing he could obtain was of a specimen that had lost its tail, and his Aboriginal helpers brought him any number of common bandicoots with their tails removed.
late 18th century: from Telugu pandikokku, literally 'pig-rat'.
Más definiciones de bandicootDefinición de bandicoot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.