sustantivoarchaic or literary
- On a dozen axes of values, then, there is a deep congruity, much of it reflecting the influence of the archaic epic bard on the nineteenth-century novelist.
- These two kinds of periodicity may coincide, as in carefully end-stopped lines, or in the formulae chosen over centuries by the bards of oral traditions.
- From 1808 to 1834 Moore continued to add to his Irish Melodies, which established him as the national bard of Ireland.
- The Crowning of the Bard is one of the most important events in an eisteddfod
- Eisteddfod literally means a sitting (eistedd = to sit), perhaps a reference to the hand-carved chair traditionally awarded to the best poet in the ceremony 'The Crowning of the Bard'.
- Today the term 'bard' in Wales means the victor at an eisteddfod, whether in poetry or music.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- An Arthurian element surfaces in later genres of literature such as stories or apologues in bardic verse, ballads and oral tales, and even genealogies.
- The most famous early bardic poets, Taliesin and Aneirin, wrote epic poems about Welsh events and legends around the seventh century.
- The bardic elements ring clear in the early work of both poets and became an essential part of whatever either moved on into.
Palabras que riman con bardAssad, aubade, avant-garde, backyard, ballade, Bernard, bombard, canard, card, charade, chard, couvade, croustade, Cunard, facade, glissade, guard, hard, ill-starred, interlard, lard, Montagnard, nard, pard, petard, pomade, promenade, regard, rodomontade, roulade, saccade, Sade, salade, sard, shard, unmarred, unscarred, yard
- To bard meat, you cover the meat with a thin layer of fat or fatty bacon and secure with butchers string.
- Pork or other fat can be used to bard meat.
- To bard meat, simply lay strips of fat over the surface, or use kitchen string to tie on the fat.
Early 18th century: from French barde, a transferred sense of barde 'armour for the breast and flanks of a warhorse', based on Arabic barḏa'a 'saddlecloth, padded saddle'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.