Definición de barium en inglés:
1The chemical element of atomic number 56, a soft white reactive metal of the alkaline earth group. (Symbol: Ba)
- New processing methods are outlined from which potassium, sodium, barium, strontium and cadmium were discovered.
- The resulting elements (such as, strontium, zirconium, barium, lanthanum, and lead) then decay into still heavier elements.
- Many of these cavities contain good crystals of potassium, strontium, barium, rare earths, titanium, and niobium minerals.
1.1A mixture of barium sulphate and water, opaque to X-rays, which is swallowed to permit radiological examination of the stomach or intestines: [as modifier]: a barium meal
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An example of this is in specialty guidelines for colon cancer screening, where radiologists recommend barium enemas while gastroenterologists recommend colonoscopy.
- Useful modalities for investigating a suspected case include small bowel barium meal, barium enema, ultrasonography, computed tomographic scan and colonoscopy.
- There is also insufficient evidence to recommend for or against routine screening with digital rectal examination, barium enema, or colonoscopy.
Definición de barium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary