Definición de bark beetle en inglés:
A small wood-boring beetle that tunnels under the bark of trees, which may die if heavily infested.
- Family Scolytidae: many genera and species, including the elm bark beetle (Scolytus scolytus), which is responsible for the spread of the fungus which causes Dutch elm disease
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The species have decimated pine tree populations in India and are similar to the bark beetle that has ravaged forests in the western United States.
- I can imagine an intelligent bark beetle pondering why it is that the oak tree on which it has deposited its eggs is so well suited to their growth.
- After several years of drought, which may be related to global warming, pine trees have become vulnerable to the bark beetle.
Definición de bark beetle en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda