- An amber-coloured sweet made of boiled sugar, traditionally shaped as a twisted stick: have a stick of barley sugar [count noun]: he offered me a barley sugarMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Nearly eight years after Victory in Europe, the limit on jelly babies, pastilles, liquorice, barley sugar sticks, lemonade powder and chocolate bars was finally lifted.
- To make barley sugar, white sugar is melted without water.
- The rest of the shopping was a bit of an anti-climax after the coffee - even the stick of barley sugar I bought lost some of its significance.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
- Shaped like twisted barley-sugar sticks: a staircase with barley-sugar banistersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The bottle is tall and elegant with almost a barley-sugar, twisted moulding.
- This situation is reversed in Nicholas Stone's porch for St Mary's church, Oxford, where barley-sugar columns, redolent of Bernini, support a traditional fan-vaulted roof.
- The individually decorated rooms continue the house theme, stylish and slightly quirky - one has a vast lean-in wardrobe rescued from a girl's school, another boasts a great black four-poster with a barley sugar twist to the posts.
Más definiciones de barley sugarDefinición de barley sugar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.