Definición de barn owl en inglés:
An owl with a heart-shaped face, black eyes, and relatively long, slender legs, typically nesting in farm buildings or in holes in trees. Also called screech owl.
- Genus Tyto, family Tytonidae: three species, especially T. alba, which is found throughout the world and (in western Europe) has a white face and underparts
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Harry Potter had Hedwig as his pet owl but youngsters at a Bolton school went three better when an eagle owl, a tawny owl and a barn owl flew in.
- We did a conducted night drive and spotted many nocturnal small animals, including genet and mongoose, a barn owl up a tree eating a mouse and nightjars sitting on eggs.
- Such a sight is sadly no longer common across Norfolk fields but at Strumpshaw Fen, near Norwich, the barn owl, with its distinctive white heart-shaped face, is breeding again.
Definición de barn owl en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda