Definición de barque en inglés:
1A sailing ship, typically with three masts, in which the foremast and mainmast are square-rigged and the mizzenmast is rigged fore and aft.
- The latest vessel to confirm its involvement is the 295-feet long Eagle, a three-masted sailing barque with 21,350 square feet of sail and five miles of rigging.
- The difference between a barque and a ship is the way the aftmost mast is rigged.
- The sea reflected our good fortune in hues of glassy green, turquoise and cobalt blue and into this unearthly vision we quietly launched our sailing barque.
1.1 literary A boat.
- The lesser barques and rowboats that move about in the background are those of Religion.
- The barked torrent of words flowed over me: a cataract of verbiage with unknown phrases sticking up like sharp rocks to confound the frail barque of my self-confidence and perhaps overwhelm it.
- Bishop Peter J. Lee had for many years been viewed as a moderate, tilting to this side or that in order to keep his little barque afloat.
Definición de barque en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan