(also BASE jump)
Definición de base jump en inglés:
A parachute jump from a fixed point, typically a high building or promontory, rather than an aircraft.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I've done more than 1,000 BASE jumps and 2,000 skydives now and every time I walk up to the edge of whatever the object is, I'm nervous.
- He is a former sky surfing champion and a member of the first team to incorporate acrobatic stunts in a BASE jump.
- He has completed 2,000 skydives and 1,400 BASE jumps.
verboVolver al principio
(base-jump) [no object] Perform a base jump: he base jumped from the top on to the glacier below
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘You know, Lynnie, we could base-jump from this ledge,’ he said.
- I would rather base jump off a two-story building than relive a single moment of high school.
- Once a year, on the third Saturday in October("Bridge Day"), permission to BASE jump has explicitly been granted at the New River Gorge Bridge in Fayetteville, West Virginia.
- base jumper sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Base is an acronym for Bridge, Antenna, Span and Earth - ie, the objects base jumpers launch themselves off.
- Today, it is the outdoor activity capital of southern Utah, and mountains around it echo with whooping base jumpers, spluttering river rafters and the squeal of tortured mountain bikes.
- Last week John, 29, one of the Scots base jumpers, dismissed suggestions that they were endangering the public and said more jumps were planned in the coming months.
- base jumping sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The result is our definitive list - in no particular order - comprising everything from World Cup finals and grand slam events to base jumping and bull running in India.
- This remains the unofficial home of base jumping; unofficial because base jumping is illegal, and there have been numerous fatalities.
- Everywhere offers bungee jumps and whitewater rafting, but Malaysia doesn't mess about - it is one of the only places to allow base-jumping.
1980s: base from building, antenna-tower, span, earth (denoting the types of structure used).
Definición de base jump en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda