- Of or situated at the base of something, especially of the skull, or of the organ of Corti in the ear.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Transverse sections through the pons show that it consists of two parts - the basilar, or ventral pons, and the dorsally located pontine tegmentum.
- Many arterial branches arise from the vertebral and basilar artery to supply the medulla oblongata and the pons.
- The sphenoidal sinus may be absent or small; it may be very large and extend into the basilar process of the occipital bone, the greater or lesser wings of the sphenoid, or the pterygoid processes.
mid 16th century: from modern Latin basilaris, formed irregularly from Latin basis (see basis).
Más definiciones de basilarDefinición de basilar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.