- 1(Of growth or development) downwards towards the base or point of attachment. The opposite of acropetal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Expression of the DXR gene in adaxial phloem parenchyma cells was more pronounced in the young revoluted base of the leaves with a basipetal gradient decreasing toward the tips of older leaves.
- Lateral view of young inflorescence with basipetal initiation of flowers in the axil of bracts.
- Ellipsoidal microconidia and falcate macroconidia are formed from phialides by basipetal division; globose chlamydospores with thick walls are formed acrogenously from hyphae or by the modification of hyphal cells.
- 1.1(Of the movement of dissolved substances) inwards from the shoot and root apices.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In every case, the basipetal movement was greater than the acropetal movement.
- From there they will flow to other parts of the shoot in both basipetal and acropetal directions.
- However, a continuous basipetal transport of auxin from the shoot to the rooting zone (upper part taproot) is required for adventious root formation.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The drag-induced bending moments and stresses (computed on the basis of empirically determined stem dimensions and wind speeds) increased basipetally toward the base of the tree.
- The hairs are oriented acropetally, while in the proximal part of the sac they grow basipetally, i.e., oriented toward the lemma-sac interface.
- When the exposure time was extended to 60 min, a large amount of phosphorus was transported basipetally to the shoot from root sections located 80 mm from the root tip, where the xylem is completely mature.
Más definiciones de basipetalDefinición de basipetal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.