A large shark which feeds exclusively on plankton and typically swims slowly close to the surface, found chiefly in the open ocean.
- Cetorhinus maximus, the only member of the family Cetorhinidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It may be one of the largest animals on Earth, growing to a length of more than 10m, but the basking shark is a harmless plankton feeder: the ultimate gentle giant.
- No plankton means no basking sharks or manta rays but it also means exceedingly good visibility.
- Finally, I am concerned that the bill proposes to issue quota for species that are so endangered that they are subject to the convention on endangered species, such as basking shark, whale shark, and sea horse.
Más definiciones de basking sharkDefinición de basking shark en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.