- 1The lowest adult male singing voice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She looked into the depths of the dark eyes that only she could see, and listened to the songs that he sang in his deep bass voice, which only she could hear.
- He acquired his nickname singing the bass harmony second voice.
- The truck driver joined in, his low bass voice singing with me about how feeling good could be easy… it could.
- 1.1A singer with a bass voice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is a strong, imposing bass who also lends character to the performance.
- The soloists are excellent too; only the bass sounds a little weather-beaten.
- The society is currently looking for tenors basses, altos and sopranos to join the adult choir.
- 1.2A part written for a bass voice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As well as such characteristic features of the Baroque pastoral as drone basses and melodies harmonized in 3rds and 6ths, pastorellas include rhythmic and melodic elements probably deriving from folk music.
- In the original music for chorus, basses have something better to do than to hold a note.
- It begins with the bass stating the melody and features a shifting arrangement that allows everyone a chance to solo.
- 2 [as modifier] Denoting the member of a family of instruments that is the lowest in pitch: a bass clarinetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the orchestra, she plays two musical instruments: the bass clarinet and piccolo clarinet.
- We also have access to other instruments, including cor anglais, bass clarinet, cello, organ and voice.
- Can you advise me on how I can persuade him to take up a real instrument like say the bass trombone?
- 2.1A bass guitar or double bass.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The drums lightly tap, the second guitar plays the main melody, and the bass doubles the second guitar.
- Although most commonly taught to violin players, the method can also be used with instruments such as viola, cello, flute, bass and guitar.
- Our sound features sax, clarinet, violin, synthesiser, guitar, bass, drums and four vocalists.
- 3 [mass noun] The low-frequency output of a radio or audio system, corresponding to the bass in music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a sight to see the inmates showing interest in the proceedings and enjoying the heavy bass of music that boomed out through speakers.
- Low-frequency bass is sent to all the channels, giving you that you-are-there feeling.
- There is an audible buzz throughout, and any bass in the music breaks apart into a dreadful fuzzy haze.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And when you're in the water, there's a constant deep bassy sound.
- Say there is a really high end chirping sound that one person is doing, someone else might counter it with a really bassy tone.
- The bundled earphones aren't exactly an expensive set, but they give good reproduction, even at low volume, adding a nice bassy warmth to the sound while retaining the crispness of the higher frequencies.
sustantivo (plural igual or basses)
- 1The common European freshwater perch ( see perch2).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They aren't as big as the Caribbean jewfish or the potato bass of the Indo-Pacific region, though.
- We have had plaice, pollack, wrasse and garfish from here but bass and rays are also taken.
- They can forget the freshwater bass species which couldn't even compete with our tench, barbel or chub.
- 2Any of a number of fish similar to or related to the perch, in particular:
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ● a mainly marine fish found in temperate waters (family Moronidae, including the European bass Dicentrarchus labrax of European waters (also called sea bass) and genus Morone of North America); see also striped bass, white bass. ● an American freshwater fish of the sunfish family, popular with anglers (genera Ambloplites and Micropterus, family Centrarchidae); see also black bass, rock bass.
- All bass are fine game fishes, with tournaments being held regularly.
- The fish killed included bass, roach, eels and fluke when the temperature soared to twenty six degrees Centigrade.
- On the Grass river you can fly fish for small mouth bass, pike, muskies and salmon.
late Middle English: alteration of dialect barse, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch baars and German Barsch.
- another term for bast.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Natural African bass fibre is coarse, stiff and provides good flexibility for use in upright floor sweeps and as a blend with other fibres for other applications.
- Heavy duty brooms densely filled with medium coarse African bass fibre are used in mills on brick and concrete surfaces under wet or dry conditions.
- Bass is principally used in yard brooms and road rollers.
late 17th century: alteration.