Definición de basswood en inglés:
A North American lime tree with large leaves, commonly planted as a street tree in the US.
- Tilia americana, family Tiliaceae
- Except for a few looming hemlocks, the forest is mostly hardwoods, and the light streams through the thinning tops of the taller oaks and basswoods.
- Walnut trees can also grow in small groups or as scattered specimens mixed with American elm, hackberry, boxelder, sugar maple, green and white ash, basswood, red oak, and hickory.
- In contrast, a bee-pollinated basswood can flower a month or more after the leaf buds have opened, when bee populations peak in late summer.
Definición de basswood en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan