- 1A heavy beam, originally with an end in the form of a carved ram’s head, formerly used in breaching fortifications.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are no defensive ramparts, fortifications, battering rams or even boiling oil; just a fabulous view over the Wharfe valley.
- Another large weapon of siege was used primarily in storms, the battering ram.
- It included 100 foot battering rams and 150 foot high siege towers with bridges (this was the first known use of bridges on siege towers).
- 1.1A heavy object swung or rammed against a door to break it down: • figurative a battering ram to crush opposing viewsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Officers convinced he was at home used a metal battering ram to break the door down.
- Officers wearing stab-proof jackets and helmets secured the rear of the terraced house on the town's Kirkbarrow estate before knocking in the front door with a single swing of a steel battering ram known as an ‘enforcer’.
- It is thought the passengers may have used a trolley as a battering ram to break down the cockpit door.
Más definiciones de battering ramDefinición de battering ram en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.