Definición de battering ram en inglés:
1A heavy beam, originally with an end in the form of a carved ram’s head, formerly used in breaching fortifications.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are no defensive ramparts, fortifications, battering rams or even boiling oil; just a fabulous view over the Wharfe valley.
- Another large weapon of siege was used primarily in storms, the battering ram.
- It included 100 foot battering rams and 150 foot high siege towers with bridges (this was the first known use of bridges on siege towers).
1.1A heavy object swung or rammed against a door to break it down: figurative a battering ram to crush opposing views
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Officers convinced he was at home used a metal battering ram to break the door down.
- Officers wearing stab-proof jackets and helmets secured the rear of the terraced house on the town's Kirkbarrow estate before knocking in the front door with a single swing of a steel battering ram known as an ‘enforcer’.
- It is thought the passengers may have used a trolley as a battering ram to break down the cockpit door.
Definición de battering ram en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda