- 1Pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically: beautiful poetry a beautiful young womanMás ejemplos en oraciones
attractive, pretty, handsome, good-looking, nice-looking, pleasing, alluring, prepossessing, as pretty as a picture; lovely, charming, delightful, appealing, engaging, winsome; ravishing, gorgeous, heavenly, stunning, arresting, glamorous, irresistible, bewitching, beguiling; graceful, elegant, exquisite, aesthetic, artistic, decorative, magnificent; Scottish & Northern English bonny• informal hot, tasty, smashing, divine, knockout, drop-dead gorgeous, fanciable, beddable, easy on the eyeBritish • informal fitNorth American • informal cute, foxy• formal beauteous
- He was now short and fat with a red face, but in some deeper sense he was very beautiful.
- Everyone turned and looked at a handsome young man in a beautiful hat, called Mike.
- Right from day one she always loved school and she has grown into a beautiful young lady.
- 1.1Of a very high standard; excellent: she spoke in beautiful EnglishMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He had a beautiful singing voice and a sharp sense of humour, but was also a morose weekend drunk.
- In the movie, Ignacio sings in the choir and has a beautiful voice, as young Pedro did.
- In other news a guy at the pool said I was a beautiful swimmer, commenting on my butterfly.
the beautiful game British
- Soccer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What separates Brazil from the rest of the world is their attitude to the beautiful game.
- Here we name the ugliest footballers ever to grace the beautiful game.
- Sometimes the all-consuming nature of football can force men who really made a difference to the beautiful game to be forgotten.
the beautiful people
- 1Fashionable, glamorous, and privileged people.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Is it only the feeling of the rich, the affluent, the elite, the beautiful people, the upper classes and the rising middle classes?
- From time to time, it's fun to have a night out in a glamorous place filled with beautiful people and the cash doesn't really matter.
- The E went from illustrating backwater strip mall mentality to a symbol of the New York elite, the beautiful people.
- 2(In the 1960s) hippies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's by Bill Gibb, the farm boy from Buchan who grew up to become the darling of the beautiful people in the late 1960s and '70s, and who is about to have his fashion moment again.
- Then in came the beautiful people on four motorcycles, right into the ballroom, oozing with flower-power.
- These were the beautiful people; the In-Crowd in which the Beatles sing about in "Baby You're a Rich Man".
the body beautiful
- An ideal of physical beauty: there is an array of products for producing the body beautifulMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the more intelligent and articulate athletes in the sport, Prince ruminated on the irony of his current public role as a representative of the body beautiful, whose body seemed to be breaking down internally.
- The ideal of the body beautiful is contrasted with the reality of the battered, bulging, diseased, ageing, and, yes, often toothless bodies of real humans.
- I mean you've put the beauty myth and relationships and the body beautiful up on the screen and scrutinised it over and over again.
- [as submodifier]: the rules are beautifully simpleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the film's most effective moments comes in a simple yet beautifully composed wide shot.
- It's beautifully written in parts and very enjoyable, but loses it a bit near the end.
- You don't have to be a beautifully skilful player, fans like certain other things in a player as well.