Definición de beauty en inglés:
sustantivo (plural beauties)
- A great number of oaks aged over 500 years provide an abundance of aesthetic beauty, wonderful shapes and amazing structures.
- The study of literature and art shape our sense of beauty.
- My initial reaction to this was a sense that here aesthetic beauty came perilously close to swamping the work, as if it were too rich for its own good.
- Along with The Extended Phenotype made me understnad the intellectual beauty of Darwinism; and gave me the subject for my first half-decent book.
- But during my learnings, I discovered that I appreciated the artistic beauty of military firearms.
- There are some genuine moments of intellectual beauty in the series - if you watch out for the character Elfayed, you'll see what I mean.
- There were also stalls offering beauty treatments and products, allergy testing, information about cosmetic dentistry and advice on how to lose weight and give up smoking.
- Start by using essential oils and scents like jasmine or ginger in your baths, massage treatments and beauty products.
- New spa treatments and beauty products - from shampoos to shower gels smell just like the real thing.
- The mother is a great beauty who dreamed of acting but settled for a private, domestic state.
- The goddess who is beautiful but who also has an enhanced beauty because of the beneficent role she plays.
- As outraged as the mere thought might make you, a quick gander at these adorned pinup beauties and you'll be hard-pressed to resist such a needless ornamentation.
- The blonde beauty will represent Ireland in the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant on June 3.
- Across the aisle, six blonde beauties also celebrating a birthday tossed their tinted manes laughed too loud and drank champagne.
- There may be a surplus of blonde beauties in Hollywood, but the ones who can act as well as look stunning are in short supply.
- In fact, it is a beauty fished off the beach or rocks.
- The level of quality here is therefore really high, many of the items are brand name and all are beauties, in excellent condition, and timely as per current retro.
- As an architectural beauty it is one of the worst examples of its era.
- We have seen a lot of things a bit like this in America, but the Harewood spiral is one of the first in Britain, and the only one ever to celebrate the fragile beauties of the English flora.
- One of the beauties of English, as of some other languages, is that it has available a practice which seems to conflate movement and stillness, unfolding and accomplishment.
- He has my express permission to do this, as I also lament people who ignore the beauties of the English countryside - excepting the itinerant rambler and the American tourist.
- Regardless of the somewhat touristy aspect, the beauty of learning in a class environment is that it removes the male-determined version of sexy.
- The frame is usually fully expressed on the interior of the building to take advantage of the beauty of the timber frame joinery.
- Take the whole family on a walk around the neighborhood or to a trail for a hike and take advantage of the beauty of nature.
adjetivoAustralian /NZ informal Volver al principio
The Latin word bellus, ‘beautiful’, is the root of beauty, and also of a beau (late 17th century), and belle (early 17th century). The idea that beauty is in the eye of the beholder is very old indeed, appearing in the works of the ancient Greek poet Theocritus (fl.3rd century bc). In English the proverb as we know it today is recorded from the 18th century. The warning that beauty is only skin-deep is known from the early 17th century. The beautiful game is soccer. The phrase is from the title of the 1973 autobiography by the Brazilian star Pelé, My Life and the Beautiful Game.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
- proverb That which one person finds beautiful or admirable may not appeal to another.Oraciones de ejemplo
- I do understand their appeal and, after all is said and done, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
- There is an old saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but on a new matchmaking web site that officially launched today, the beholders also hold the keys to the kingdom.
- Plus, we all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
beauty is only skin-deep
- proverb A pleasing appearance is not a guide to character.Oraciones de ejemplo
- We don't need the actresses of this world to tell us that beauty is only skin-deep or that, shock, horror, the ageing process is irreversible.
- After all, critics reminded their readers, beauty is only skin-deep.
- Sure, I've kissed all the good-looking ones (and realised CLEO was right - beauty is only skin-deep).
Palabras que riman con beautyagouti, booty, cootie, cutie, Djibouti, duty, fluty, rooty, snooty, tutti-frutti
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.