Definición de bed-blocking en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] British
The long-term occupation of hospital beds, chiefly by elderly people, due to a shortage of suitable care elsewhere.
- Funding will be increased in a few areas such as an extra £500,000 for bus subsidies and money for 500 new nursing care beds for the elderly to tackle the chronic problem of bed-blocking in hospitals.
- The closure of many homes has already led to a shortage of care places in some areas - adding to problems of bed-blocking on hospital wards.
- Fines to reduce bed-blocking in hospitals could mean elderly and chronically sick people are forced into care homes many miles from their families, researchers have warned.
- Example sentences
- The NHS retaliates by fining councils that leave "bed blockers" in hospital.
- Bed blockers fill acute wards again for lack of services to take them back into the community.
- This allows us not to have bed blockers.
Definición de bed-blocking en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan