sustantivo[mass noun] British
The long-term occupation of hospital beds, chiefly by elderly people, due to a shortage of suitable care elsewhere.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Funding will be increased in a few areas such as an extra £500,000 for bus subsidies and money for 500 new nursing care beds for the elderly to tackle the chronic problem of bed-blocking in hospitals.
- The closure of many homes has already led to a shortage of care places in some areas - adding to problems of bed-blocking on hospital wards.
- Fines to reduce bed-blocking in hospitals could mean elderly and chronically sick people are forced into care homes many miles from their families, researchers have warned.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The NHS retaliates by fining councils that leave "bed blockers" in hospital.
- Bed blockers fill acute wards again for lack of services to take them back into the community.
- This allows us not to have bed blockers.
Definición de bed-blocking en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda