(also bedeguar gall)
Definición de bedeguar en inglés:
A reddish moss-like growth on rose bushes, forming in response to the developing larvae of a gall wasp. Also called robin's pincushion.
- The wasp is Diplolepis rosae, family Cynipidae
- Which reminds me, I have just learnt that a robin's pincushion is technically known as a bedeguar.
- A bedeguar gall is not the product of a single larva but a group of larvae, each residing in their own chamber within the gall.
- Also called a bedeguar gall or Robin's pincushion, this gall is formed by a Cynipid wasp, Diplolepis rosae, that overwinters in the gall in the larval stage, then completes its life cycle in the spring.
Definición de bedeguar en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India