verbo[with object] • literary
- Dress up or decorate gaudily: a uniform bedizened with resplendent medalsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Fancy a pagne or skirt all formed of little strips of material bedizened with red and black hieroglyphics, stiffened with bitumen, and apparently belonging to a freshly unbandaged mummy.
- In her one good scene, a bewigged, bedizened Crawford chases a properly terrified teen away from her quarry, shouting at her.
- Do you ever suppose that Jesus walked about bedizened in priestly robes and a crown, and with yon jewels on his breast, and a gilt aureole round his head?
mid 17th century: from be- (as an intensifier) + obsolete dizen 'deck out', probably of Dutch origin.
Más definiciones de bedizenDefinición de bedizen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.