Any of the four upright supports of a bedstead: the best solution in the nineteenth-century home was to drape mosquito netting over the bedposts
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Jorge's room looked like a miniature log cabin; the walls, floor and ceiling were all made to look like wooden logs, as did the bedposts that supported the bed on the far right side.
- Inside they found him sitting at the small wooden desk in the corner, his hat hung on one of the four bedposts and jacket thrown on the foot of his bed; the perfect picture of a cowboy.
- He stood and tied one end of the long line of sheets to one of the four sturdy bedposts and flung the long line out the window.
between you and me and the bedpost (or the gatepost or the wall)
- informal In strict confidence.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We're tickled of course, but between you and me and the bedpost, we think our best is yet to come.
- Just between you and me and the wall, I think a major error was made in their film archetype-ology.
- So, as I said earlier, let's keep it between you and me and the gatepost.
a notch on someone's bedpost
- informal A sexual conquest, typically one of many: I didn’t want to be another notch on his bedpostMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Her most famous novel has apparently garnered her a host of adoring, young male fans desperate to collect her autograph and become a notch on her well-scarred bedpost.
- It's a "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am" man's view of solving a problem, equating having babies with all the emotional intelligence of a quick shag and a notch on the bedpost.
- She turns away again and I can see that she is carving a notch on a bedpost.
Definición de bedpost en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.