Any of the four upright supports of a bedstead: the best solution in the nineteenth-century home was to drape mosquito netting over the bedposts
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Jorge's room looked like a miniature log cabin; the walls, floor and ceiling were all made to look like wooden logs, as did the bedposts that supported the bed on the far right side.
- Inside they found him sitting at the small wooden desk in the corner, his hat hung on one of the four bedposts and jacket thrown on the foot of his bed; the perfect picture of a cowboy.
- He stood and tied one end of the long line of sheets to one of the four sturdy bedposts and flung the long line out the window.
between you and me and the bedpost (or the gatepost or the wall)
- informal In strict confidence.Oraciones de ejemplo
- We're tickled of course, but between you and me and the bedpost, we think our best is yet to come.
- Just between you and me and the wall, I think a major error was made in their film archetype-ology.
- So, as I said earlier, let's keep it between you and me and the gatepost.
a notch on someone's bedpost
- informal A sexual conquest, typically one of many: I didn’t want to be another notch on his bedpostMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Having a great sex life isn't about following trends or carving notches on bedposts.
- His was not the kiss of a callow adolescent or a selfish boy bent on earning a notch on his bedpost for being the first to defrost her.
- She turns away again and I can see that she is carving a notch on a bedpost.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: bed|post
Definición de bedpost en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda