- Tuck into steak, roast beef, venison and other red meat at least three times a week
- I have to say that the roast rib eye of beef in wholemeal bread was superb.
- Visitors can barbecue food ranging from beef, pork to potato and fish.
- ‘Get in those saddles and let's get these beeves movin’!’
- Forage beef thus encompasses at least half of the potential market.
- We have a neighbor who raises grass fed beef and pastured poultry.
- Although this is typically a powerlifter's split, it is the quickest way to get some serious beef on your bones.
- He's got a bit more beef on his bones now, but he's lost none of his cheerful, boyish looks.
- Geez, how about a Superman with some beef on his bones?
- We definitely need more beef up front.
- The tank size is OK, but you need more beef.
- Yes, I know their defense looked good most of the season and Simon was good addition, I just feel they still need more beef up the middle and Wright is, I think, an active playmaker who can stuff the run.
- It may well be the sound of the suburbs, drawing on a cacophony of influences born out of a misspent youth, but to paraphrase that great 80s catchphrase, where's the beef?
- Elgin Dairy Foods, Chicago, beefs up its Research and Development team to support the company's line of 140 formulations and to support the imminent introduction of seven new products in the next year.
- But the service territories would not overlap, and since they're mainly looking toward bundled services where's the beef.
- Here's another one of my beefs with judges - and this is the complaint that lawyers oftentimes get - that we file frivolous lawsuits.
- I do not want beefs and gripes - I need genuine areas of difficulty which are causing work life imbalance.
- They began taking their beefs to the media.
- After checking police reports and court documents, the website said that if anything, he may have spent a day or so in jail for a drunk driving beef.
- He was framed for political reasons during the last election and was sent up for a 21 years on a homicide beef.
- He had busted him on a robbery beef involving a cellular phone.
- Because of that he still felt like beefing about something
- As I tell my students when they beef about my tests: Life isn't multiple choice, True-False or an Essay question; more often than not it's short answer--and your grade is based on your understanding of the context of the question.
- They beef about record-level deficits.
Verbos con partícula
beef something up
- Give more substance or strength to something: cost-cutting measures are planned to beef up performanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
toughen up, strengthen, build up, reinforce, substantiate, consolidate, invigorate, improve, flesh out
- So those penalties will be beefed up substantially.
- These checkpoints were beefed up following a number of casualties, wounds and death to U.S. forces.
- So far protests from campaigners have been muted, but security around the base has been beefed up with additional police patrols.
Middle English: from Old French boef, from Latin bos, bov- 'ox'.
We often find that after the Norman Conquest people used French words for an animal's meat and the English word for the animal itself. Beef is from French, and cow and ox are native English words, whereas bull was adopted from Scandinavian. Beef, meaning ‘a complaint’ or ‘to complain’, was originally American, from the mid 19th century. The first person to write of the kind of beef possessed by a muscular man was American writer Herman Melville (1819–91), author of Moby-Dick. The British are so well known for eating beef that a French insult for an Englishman is un rosbif (‘a roast beef’). In English too, beefeater (early 17th century) was originally a term of contempt for a well-fed domestic servant. Now a Beefeater is a Yeoman Warder or Yeoman of the Guard at the Tower of London, a nickname first used in 1671.
Palabras que riman con beefaperitif, belief, brief, chief, enfeoff, fief, grief, interleaf, leaf, Leif, lief, Mazar-e-Sharif, misbelief, motif, naif, O'Keeffe, reef, seif, Sharif, sheaf, shereef, sportif, Tenerife, thief
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: beef
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.