Definición de beeline en inglés:
A straight line between two places.
- James kept walking toward the front of the school in a straight beeline for their rented silver Nissan Altima.
- He zoomed in and out of the slower traffic, making a direct beeline for the USS Golden Phoenix.
- The beeline sidewalk that shot straight up to the front door was ripped out and replaced by a gently curving, gently climbing brick-lined path.
early 19th century: with reference to the straight line supposedly taken instinctively by a bee when returning to the hive.
make a beeline for
- Hurry directly to: the city commuters made a beeline for the barMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At this point, the focal point of the crowd rested on the door as everyone made a beeline for outside.
- The lift bumped to a gentle stop at the ground floor and the doors opened, Catherine hurried out straight away and made a beeline for the exit.
- Ever since the baby was born, visitors to the zoo are making a beeline for the hippo enclosure to see the new arrival.
Definición de beeline en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan