A card game for two players in which the object is to acquire one’s opponent’s cards. Players alternately turn cards up and if an honour is revealed, the other player must find an honour within a specified number of turns or else forfeit the cards already played.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A very interesting question about beggar my neighbor is whether there is an infinite game.
- We played Beggar-My-Neighbour and Donkey, two simple card games.
- So Ellie said we could play and he and I went and sat at another table and played Beggar my Neighbour.
(Especially of national policy) self-aggrandizing at the expense of competitors: the economic recession had been intensified by the adoption of beggar-my-neighbour policies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is not the time to return to the beggar-my-neighbour policies of the past.
- This contraction in demand was no maverick policy, undertaken in a beggar-my-neighbor spirit.
- They say it is wrong and sad that six towns should have been set against each other, under the review, each engaged in a beggar-my-neighbour strategy to keep its hospital.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: beggar-my-neighbour
Definición de beggar-my-neighbour en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda