- A herbaceous plant of warm climates, the flowers of which have brightly coloured sepals but no petals. Numerous cultivars are grown for their flowers or striking foliage.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Begonia, family Begoniaceae
- Together with gladioli, lilies and begonias, the dahlias are one of the most important and popular summer-flowering bulbs.
- My yard always looked so nice and clean with its daylilies and begonias around each planted pine tree in the front yard.
- Summer annuals such as petunias, impatiens and begonias need warmer temperatures to thrive.
modern Latin, named after Michel Bégon (1638–1710), the French amateur botanist who discovered the plant on the island of Santo Domingo and introduced it to Europe.
Más definiciones de begoniaDefinición de begonia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.