- 1The way in which one acts or conducts oneself, especially towards others: he will vouch for her good behaviour his insulting behaviour towards me [as modifier]: behaviour patterns [count noun]: management is a set of techniques and behaviours for getting things doneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Nella was still angry at their patronising and arrogant behaviour towards her in those times.
- He complained that the doctor's behaviour towards him had been inappropriate.
- It was totally unacceptable behaviour towards people who had given you long and loyal service.
- 1.1The way in which an animal or person behaves in response to a particular situation or stimulus: the feeding behaviour of predatorsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Animals alter their behavior to avoid a variety of different types of predators.
- Data on ancient color could tell us about the environment and behavior of animals.
- Few other studies have correlated the influence of the full moon with behaviour of animals or insects.
- 1.2The way in which a machine or natural phenomenon works or functions: the erratic behaviour of the old carMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps this is because they mimic evolved solutions, so their behaviour seems more natural.
- This is so the otters' food can be hidden to encourage their natural foraging behaviour.
- In fact operating transnationally should be a natural and normal behaviour.
be on one's best behaviour
- Behave well in a social situation or when being observed: warn them to be on their best behaviourMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Barney said: ‘They really deserved to win and were on their best behaviour.’
- But if some of the former residents were lacking in self control the children greeting the Princess were on their best behaviour.
- Well done to all the pupils who were on their best behaviour on the night.