Definición de beignet en inglés:
sustantivochiefly North American
1A fritter: a cheese beignet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But where does this leave Louisiana's favorite French-fried fritter, the beignet?
- Of late, chef Jorgensen has been pairing ice-cold vodka Martinis with caviar, pickled quail eggs, goat cheese pizza, Gorgonzola cheese beignets and tartars.
- It's worth a trip to Hollywood just to eat it; or to sample the molten, skillfully fried finger-banana dessert fritters billed on the menu as ‘banana beignets.’
2A square of fried dough eaten hot sprinkled with icing sugar.
- I ended up with about a dozen and a half beignets, which I sprinkled with powdered sugar using my grandmother's spring-loaded flour sifter while singing Jingle Bells, and then fed them to my neighbors.
- The cafe serves chicory-laced coffee and square beignets dusted with powdered sugar, all day.
- When I saw the beignet chef toss that dough and make clouds of flour for that laughing little girl it surprised me how much it made me miss Ben.
French, from archaic buyne 'hump, bump'.
Definición de beignet en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary