Definición de bellbird en inglés:
1A tropical American bird of the cotinga family, with a loud explosive call.
- Genus Procnias, family Cotingidae: four species
- A 1969 survey had turned up a dismal count of just 21 tuis and 24 bellbirds for the entire island.
- Soon we're hearing a frenzy of bellbirds - crow-size, white cotingas, that sound like cracked bells.
- When a tui or a bellbird pops open a bud, all four petals spring back, and as the bird inserts its beak into the corolla to drink nectar, its head often brushes pollen onto the receptive stigma.
2Any of a number of Australasian songbirds with a ringing call.
- ● (New Zealand bellbird) A New Zealand honeyeater (Anthornis melanura, family Meliphagidae). ● (crested bellbird) An Australian whistler (Oreoica gutturalis, family Pachycephalidae). ● The bell miner. See miner2
- Theirs isn't the honeyed call of New Zealand bellbirds but a harsher sound my bird field guide book describes as a sharp ‘jak jak jak’.
- We were entertained by the familiar voices of crested bellbirds and rufous songlarks, but a different voice soon became evident.
- There are signs of many birds such as the Major Mitchell cockatoos, mulga parrots, honeyeaters, crested bellbirds and many more.
Definición de bellbird en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan