- (In the UK) a senior member of any of the Inns of Court.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In one case, in 1691, the benchers of the Inner Temple ordered that the gate between the two areas be bricked up.
- He then became an eminent lawyer and bencher of the Inner Temple.
- Entrance to the Inns' degree course is by examination, though this is not open to anyone in an occupation ‘which, in the opinion of the benchers of King's Inns, is incompatible with the position of a student seeking to be called to the Bar’.
Más definiciones de bencherDefinición de bencher en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.