- Denoting a semantic case or construction that expresses the person or thing that benefits from the action of the verb, for example for you in I bought this for you.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The privative and benefactive suffixes should have vowels (a and e) written with underdots.
- A key feature of South Efate grammar is the grammaticalisation of a benefactive phrase in pre-verbal position.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- The benefactive case, or a word or expression in it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm going to look at applicatives and benefactives shortly.
- Let's look at an example with benefactives: ‘Sam baked a cake for Matilda’ (for Matilda is the benefactive).
- The association between dative case and recipients or benefactives holds for direct objects and subjects as well as indirect objects.
1940s: from Latin benefactus 'capable of giving' + -ive.
Más definiciones de benefactiveDefinición de benefactive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.