- James has a winning grin, a benevolent smile and an infectious laugh.
- The General gave the crowd of reporters a benevolent smile, which they simply ignored.
- Jullie looked at him, with that benevolent smile that always seemed to be on her face.
- Some paid for the privilege of nailing by contributing to a war charity or benevolent organization.
- Also returning will be the local firefighters, who will be collecting money for their benevolent fund as well as their own depot.
- He hopes to raise £5,000 which will go to the British Heart Foundation and army benevolent fund.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The statue, with outspread wings and hands raised benevolently, was on a trough where horses drank before pulling their heavy loads up the hill.
- We are looked upon quite benevolently, and we are quite an old fashioned company - we always pay our bills within a few days, but we are not daft!
- She looked surprised and smiled benevolently at me - ‘Outspoken child’, she probably thought to herself.
Late Middle English: from Old French benivolent, from Latin bene volent- 'well wishing', from bene 'well' + velle 'to wish'.
This comes, via Old French, from Latin bene volent- ‘well wishing’.
Palabras que riman con benevolentmalevolent, prevalent
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ben|evo¦lent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.