- 1Gentle and kind: his benign but firm mannerMás ejemplos en oraciones
kindly, kind, warm-hearted, good-natured, friendly, warm, affectionate, agreeable, amiable, good-humoured, genial, congenial, cordial, approachable, tender, tender-hearted, soft-hearted, gentle, sympathetic, compassionate, caring, considerate, thoughtful, helpful, well disposed, obliging, accommodating, generous, big-hearted, unselfish, benevolent, gracious, liberal, indulgent• rare benignant
- What makes an otherwise gentle and benign guy like him speak so callously and cruelly of 950 deaths?
- Visually, the show is a treat, and the tone is mostly benign and gentle.
- She was so gentle and benign, but worked so cleverly with people.
- 1.1(Of a climate or environment) mild and favourable: the climate becomes more benign as we move nearer to the Black SeaMás ejemplos en oraciones
temperate, mild, gentle, clement, calm, balmy, pleasant, agreeable, soft, soothing, refreshing; healthy, health-giving, wholesome, salubriousfavourable, advantageous, beneficial; helpful, propitious, auspicious, lucky, opportune, fortunate, providential, encouraging, benevolent, conducive; right, good
- Jersey's benign climate and free-draining sandy soil provide the ideal environment for over 80 species of lavender.
- We often work in a benign weather environment, but we always should be prepared to handle weather contingencies.
- The opposite is true for most Australian wine production, where a benign climate and massive hydroponic systems deliver grapes that are almost identical from one year to the next.
- 2 Medicine (Of a disease) not harmful in effect: a benign conditionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In actual fact, for the vast majority of cases, the childhood infectious diseases are benign and self-limiting.
- Her past medical history was significant only for an abdominal hysterectomy performed more than 10 years earlier for benign disease.
- Levels exceeding 10 ng per mL are rarely due to benign disease.
- 2.1(Of a tumour) not malignant: benign growthsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is currently believed that most colorectal carcinomas start as benign adenomas that undergo malignant transformation into adenocarcinoma.
- The difference between malignant and benign tumours is that malignant tumours have the ability to invade surrounding areas.
- Pleomorphic adenoma is a benign neoplasm that occurs in major or minor salivary glands.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was bountiful to the poor and like a father to widows, and with benignity guided his people ever to righteousness, and controlled the violent, and lived happily in the true faith.
- It is the state of tranquility, benignity and without comparison.
- A calcified central nidus, a laminated pattern, diffuse calcifications or a ‘popcorn’ pattern all suggest benignity.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The city bristles with billboards, the Chief Minister's face looking down benignly on commuters, urging them to pay their electricity bills on time and online.
- Then the colonial governments had the idea, benignly intended, of protecting the peasant growers from the fluctuations of the marketplace.
- The team looked on benignly because, at that stage, they were level and the game was turning their way.
Middle English: from Old French benigne, from Latin benignus, probably from bene 'well' + -genus '-born'. Compare with gentle1.