Definición de besotted en inglés:
1Strongly infatuated: he became besotted with a local barmaid
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ever since her childhood in York - she was an only child - she has been besotted with the uses of enchantment in fairy stories.
- Some of these servants of football are so besotted with the game that they devote more time to attending dull local committees.
- I am sure all three of you were besotted with quiz programmes and the ambition to be successful on a major television show.
infatuated with, smitten with, in love with, love-struck by, head over heels in love with, hopelessly in love with, obsessed with, passionate about, consumed with desire for, devoted to, doting on, greatly enamoured of, very attracted to, very taken with, charmed by, captivated by, enchanted by, enthralled by, bewitched by, beguiled by, under someone's spell, hypnotized by
informal bowled over by, swept off one's feet by, struck on, crazy about, mad about, wild about, potty about, nuts about, very keen on, gone on, really into, hung up on, carrying a torch for
North American informal twitterpated by
literary ensorcelled by
2 archaic Intoxicated; drunk.
- After some time, the brigands landed at an island, where they became besotted with drink, and fell asleep.
- The Alliance, now numbering 472 members, has been active in the furtherance of the objects of its formation, and has done much toward ridding the town of saloons and in stimulating many who had become besotted with drink to become sober and temperate men.
- He was so besotted with drink and drugs that his human qualities, if he ever possessed any, were completely in abeyance.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan