Definición de bestow en inglés:
1Confer or present (an honour, right, or gift): the office was bestowed on him by the monarch of this realm
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lavish gifts are bestowed upon visitors, guests, and distant cousins alike.
- Warmest congratulations to Jarlath on this very special honour which is being bestowed on him this weekend.
- Too many honours have been bestowed on him, surely he should say enough is enough.
confer on, present to, award to, give, grant, vouchsafe, accord to, afford to;
vest in, invest in;
bequeath to, donate to;
allot to, assign to, consign to, apportion to, distribute to, impart to, entrust to, commit to;
lavish on, heap on
1.1 archaic Put (something) in a specified place: stooping to bestow the presents into eager hands
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She is about to cast them away, to bestow them onto some unsuspecting pedestrian far below.
- Sea gulls screech over head, their noiseless chatter bestowing fresh fish onto the heads of tourists who know not how to treat a gull.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Indeed, if my dear husband is reading, the previous sentence does not apply to you, as the regular bestowal of gifts is part of the marriage contract.
- It has now become a rich and integral part of the fabric of communal life, acknowledged nationally on a number of occasions, by the bestowal of AIMS awards, the Oscars of the amateur musical stage.
- The goddess is now depicted as a blind power, and hence as completely careless and indiscriminate in the bestowal of her gifts.
Middle English (in the sense 'use for, devote to'): from be- (as an intensifier) + Old English stōw 'place'.
Palabras que riman con bestowaglow, ago, alow, although, apropos, art nouveau, Bamako, Bardot, beau, Beaujolais Nouveau, below, blow, bo, Boileau, bons mots, Bordeaux, Bow, bravo, bro, cachepot, cheerio, Coe, crow, Defoe, de trop, doe, doh, dos-à-dos, do-si-do, dough, dzo, Flo, floe, flow, foe, foreknow, foreshow, forgo, Foucault, froe, glow, go, good-oh, go-slow, grow, gung-ho, Heathrow, heave-ho, heigh-ho, hello, ho, hoe, ho-ho, jo, Joe, kayo, know, lo, low, maillot, malapropos, Marceau, mho, Miró, mo, Mohs, Monroe, mot, mow, Munro, no, Noh, no-show, oh, oho, outgo, outgrow, owe, Perrault, pho, po, Poe, pro, quid pro quo, reshow, righto, roe, Rouault, row, Rowe, sew, shew, show, sloe, slow, snow, so, soh, sow, status quo, stow, Stowe, strow, tally-ho, though, throw, tic-tac-toe, to-and-fro, toe, touch-and-go, tow, trow, undergo, undersow, voe, whacko, whoa, wo, woe, Xuzhou, yo, yo-ho-ho, Zhengzhou, Zhou
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda