1 archaic Before the usual or expected time; early: next morning I was up betimes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- People Rise Betimes to Quaff the Health-Giving Waters in Central Park.
- And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
- Up very betimes and walked (my boy with me) to Mr. Coles, and after long waiting below, he being under the barbers hands, I spoke with him, and he did give me much hopes of getting my debt that my brother owed me, and also that things would go well with my father.
2chiefly North American Sometimes; on occasion.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Waves so high that they disappeared into clouds, gales that betimes lifted the boat from the very sea, rain and hail, all manner of precipitation.
- Since no man, of aught he leaves, knows aught, what is't to leave betimes?
- ‘There is no Terry Spencer here,’ I said, only to discover an apologetic police officer now asking for Mr Joseph, saying betimes: ‘We have a lot of reports.’
Palabras que riman con betimesGrimes, Times
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: be|times
Definición de betimes en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda