- Furthermore, higher speeds mean that the spaces between trains need to be greater for braking.
- He said a villa in its real sense must be an independent house with much space between it and its neighbour.
- When stopped in traffic, leave sufficient space between your car and the vehicle in front
- Avoid sugary drinks and snacks between meals and especially at bedtime.
- It appears that eating three main meals a day and two to three snacks in between the main meals is the way to go.
- Instead of sweets or biscuits, give cheese or fruits as snacks between meals.
- Initial tests have shown she is of Asian or Oriental origin and is aged between 20 and 40.
- The council plans to care for eight children, aged between ten and 16, at the proposed new home.
- She takes her three sons, aged between one and four, to school and pre-school.
- It also reveals the relationship between exploration, science and technology.
- It examines relationships between six men whose lives are linked by poker.
- Negotiations will then start between the parties to see if they can work together.
- It was responsible for the mid-air collision last month between a cargo plane and a Russian airliner.
- Four other people were injured in the collision between a Vauxhall Cavalier and Ford Fiesta.
- One theory is that the moon was formed from debris left after a collision between the earth and another planet.
- The contrast between what you hope for and what you experience seems disappointing!
- Contrasts in lifestyle between rural and urban life were still enormous.
- How do you explain the contrast between your watercolours and these aggressive poster designs?
- Given a choice between two ways to make money, everyone chooses the way that makes us feel good.
- She is given a choice between her job and her boyfriend and she chooses her job without a second's hesitation.
- Users will now be given the possibility of a choice between different suppliers at an earlier time.
- Neither side deserved a victory and they barely created a worthwhile chance between them.
- Between them they had the technical knowledge required to see this client through the changes quickly and effectively.
- Between them they have over 45 years of combined experience to offer their customers.
- There are also plans to allow network sharing between licence holders.
- The landlord may request an extra payment for large repairs, but this should be shared between all the tenants.
- We had ordered a case of beer to share between us.
- They are separated by panels of chain fencing and the space between dotted with waste bins and park benches.
- There were pieces everywhere and blank spaces in between.
- He wants to create four swimming pools within the existing boundary of the lake and fill in all the space in between.
- Clear separation of standards was achieved by running the plate three times, with a drying period in between.
- That was also about the time the world became subject to the ice ages, with warm periods in between.
- She may find that her occasional chocolate binges wane if she eats regular meals with healthy snacks in between.
In standard English it is correct to say between you and me and wrong to say between you and I. Why is this? A preposition such as between should be followed by object pronouns such as me, him, her, and us rather than subject pronouns such as I, he, she, and we. Thus it is right to say between us or between him and her and it is clearly wrong to say between we or between he and she. The mistake between you and I arises from a confusion between what follows a preposition and what ordinarily comes at the beginning of a sentence. Many people know that it is wrong to say John and me went to the shops and that the right wording is John and I went to the shops- after all, no adult would say me went to the shops. Some people assume that ‘and me’ should in all cases be replaced by ‘and I’, and so in trying to avoid one kind of error create another one.
between ourselves (or you and me)
- In confidence: just between you and me, he’s a bit boringMás ejemplos en oraciones
between us, entre nous, in (strict) confidence, confidentially, in private, privately, off the recordinformal between you and me and the bedpost/gatepost/wallLatin sub rosaarchaic under the rose
- Just between you and me, I've got a bit of a thing for this hot chick.
- Frankly, between you and me, I'm getting a little worried about him.
- Between you and me, he is a really top bloke.
(in) between times (or whiles)
- In the intervals between other actions: I have seen to the needs of my child, and in between times I have cooked the mealsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And, in between times, I took the camera out of its case and gave it a good work-out, just to be sure that it doesn't feel neglected.
- The problem with this is it doesn't say much for what has happened in between times.
- In between times I resume normal life, which is good.
Old English betwēonum, from be 'by' + a Germanic word related to two.
Palabras que riman con betweenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: be|tween
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.