Definición de bewilder en inglés:
Cause (someone) to become perplexed and confused: she was bewildered by his sudden change of mood
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The utter imprudence of our mayor and City Council bewilders me.
- But what bewilders me is that instead of providing a real solution, the local authority simply forces the schools to close.
- For someone who, in the past, has been rated as the best goalkeeper in the world, it bewilders me why he so often opts to do the silly as opposed to the sensible.
baffle, mystify, bemuse, perplex, puzzle, confuse, confound, nonplus, disconcert, throw, set someone thinking
informal flummox, discombobulate, faze, stump, beat, fox, make someone scratch their head, be all Greek to, make someone's head spin, floor, fog
North American informal buffalo
baffled, mystified, bemused, perplexed, puzzled, confused, nonplussed, at sea, at a loss, thrown off balance, disorientated, taken aback
Canadian & Australian/New Zealand informal bushed
baffling, difficult to understand, perplexing, puzzling, mystifying, mysterious, confusing, disconcerting;
late 17th century: from be- 'thoroughly' + obsolete wilder 'lead or go astray', of unknown origin.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The largest effect they had was to cause bewilderment and alarm throughout the neighbourhood.
- Civil war itself broke out within two years to the dismay and bewilderment of almost everyone.
- Her husband had blinked in bewilderment at her, ashen - looking lost and alone.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán