sustantivo (plural bibliographies)
1A list of the books referred to in a scholarly work, typically printed as an appendix.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The extensive bibliography refers to books, periodicals and theses, government and media materials, and websites.
- The book also includes a short glossary, a thorough bibliography, and seven appendices.
- Useful appendices and an extensive bibliography add to the book's reference value.
1.1A list of the books of a specific author or publisher, or on a specific subject: a bibliography of his publications
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The books also contain substantial bibliographies of the authors' works and critics' commentaries on their works.
- In 1975 I published a critical bibliography of books and articles in English about Westerns.
- The book includes an exhaustive bibliography on the subject, which researchers will find helpful.
1.2 [mass noun] The history or systematic description of books, their authorship, printing, publication, editions, etc.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For essays on the perspectives of history, literature, bibliography, and cultural studies, see Where is Book History?
- Taken together, the books make a brilliant contribution to the burgeoning, early modern fields of bibliography and book culture.
- Consistency in bibliography can throw up strange results.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The descriptive bibliographer will, typically, describe the title page of a book or a musical edition, including such elements as printed borders and other decorative devices, typography, and content.
- He was a very scholarly bibliographer, with a remarkable flair for collecting valuable first editions; when really desperate he would sell some of these to stave off poverty.
- Collection development librarians and bibliographers work with departmental faculty in order to assure that collections reflect institutional research and teaching priorities.
Early 19th century: from French bibliographie or modern Latin bibliographia, from Greek biblion 'book' + -graphia 'writing'.
Palabras que riman con bibliographyautobiography, biography, cardiography, cartography, chirography, choreography, chromatography, cinematography, cosmography, cryptography, demography, discography, filmography, geography, hagiography, historiography, hydrography, iconography, lexicography, lithography, oceanography, orthography, palaeography (US paleography), photography, radiography, reprography, stenography, topography, typography
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda