sustantivo (plural biddies)• informal
- A woman, especially an elderly one, regarded as annoying or interfering: the old biddies were muttering in his directionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I sound like an old biddy writing this but I think we lose something when interactions are reduced in quality. ‘Manners’ evolved for good purpose.
- Everyone I asked knew an old biddy who had bought the pharmaceutical company in 1948 and still had it.
- ‘There have been a few old biddies here today who've been confused about how to vote… ‘said one broadcaster without blinking.’
early 17th century (originally denoting a chicken): of unknown origin; probably influenced by the use of biddy denoting an Irish maidservant, from Biddy, pet form of the given name Bridget.
Más definiciones de biddyDefinición de biddy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.